There are many issues that can occur in the plumbing system of your home. Most of them are very frustrating! But the most annoying of all is drip, drip, drip! A leaking tap Gold Coast is a headache everybody faces at some time.
Leaking Tap Gold Coast is usually a faulty washer
The main reason for a leaking tap Gold Coast is typically the result of a worn or damaged washer. Often, it is very easy to fix. If you want to save yourself some money, then read the article below instead of calling out a plumber Gold Coast. Plumbers will charge you more to attend your house on the weekend or after hours so be sure to read this article. Below is a step-by-step guide to replace your washer.
Establish the type and size of the washer of your leaking tap Gold Coast
To replace a washer of your leaking tap Gold Coast, you need to know what size the washer is. As a rule of thumb:
- Taps which turn on and off with a quarter-turn, have a ceramic disk inside a replaceable cartridge.
- Taps which need to be turned several times have rubber sealing washers. It is very common that basin and bath taps have different sizes.
- Mixer type taps normally have smaller washers.
When you go to the hardware store, take your old washer to the hardware store, or buy a packet with several different sized washers. Washers are not expensive.
The tools required to replace the washer are a spanner, screwdriver, some wire wool, a cloth, and a new washer.
How to replace the washer of your leaking tap Gold Coast
- Turn off the main water supply to the leaking tap Gold Coast. There may be a valve which you can turn off underneath the sink or basin of the leaking tap Gold Coast.
- If this is not the case, then you will have to turn off the water supply valve to the entire house. This is usually located on your property boundary nearest the nature strip.
- Turn the tap on fully to check that the water supply is switched off. There should be a small drip or trickle of water when this is done.
- Take off the faulty tap. Usually, the tap can be pulled out if you remove the hot and cold indicator disk and then remove the small screw underneath it.
- You should now be able to see the stem of the tap, with a brass nut holding it in place. Unscrew the nut with a spanner, and lift out the tap stem. The washer is on the bottom of the piece. Remove the washer, and clean off any corrosion or scale using the wire wool. Put on a new washer of the same size. You should be able to just push it on, or, it may be held on with a small nut.
- Put the tap back together, turn the water supply back on, and you have fixed the leak and saved yourself money!
Not all tap washers are easy to replace. Some are more complicated and use different types of systems and washers. Another problem is that over time the bolts and screws corrode and are difficult to remove. Do not attempt to apply force in trying to remove any part of the leaking tap Gold Coast. This could cause more damage to the taps and pipes or even damage the basin, bath or sink. If you are unsure it is preferable to call a Local Plumber Gold Coast who will address the problem with the correct tools and knowledge and could end up costing you less than if you were to damage any parts of your leaking tap Gold Coast.
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Gold Coast or hot water system Gold Coast, then you need a 24 hour plumber Gold Coast or an emergency plumber Gold Coast to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Gold Coast , hot water system Gold Coast, drain camera Gold Coast, carbon monoxide testing Gold Coast to help you. It’s important that you have a plumber Gold Coast or Gold Coast Plumber you can trust.
We service many areas including: Plumber Robina, Plumber Mermaid Waters, Plumber Broadbeach, Plumber Burleigh Heads, Plumber Varsity Lakes, Plumber Ashmore, Plumber Benowa, Plumber Broadbeach Waters, Plumber Bundall, Plumber Burleigh Waters, Plumber Clear Island Waters, Plumber Currumbin, Plumber Surfers Paradise, Plumber Southport, Plumber Reedy Creek, Plumber Palm Beach, Plumber Nerang, Plumber Miami, Plumber Merrimac, Plumber Mermaid Beach, Plumber Elanora, Plumber Currumbin Waters, Plumber Currumbin Valley, Plumber Coolangatta, Plumber Clagiraba, Plumber Main Beach, Plumber Lower Beechmont, Plumber Hope Island, Plumber Hollywell, Plumber Helensvale, Plumber Gilston, Plumber Gilberton, Plumber Gaven, Plumber Coomera, Plumber Coombabah, Plumber Cedar Creek, Plumber Bonogin, Plumber Bilinga, Plumber Yatala, Plumber Worongary, Plumber Willow Vale, Plumber Upper Coomera, Plumber Tugun, Plumber Tallebudgera, Plumber Tallai, Plumber Runaway Bay, Plumber Austinville, Plumber Pimpama, Plumber Paradise Point, Plumber Pacific Pines, Plumber Oxenford, Plumber Ormeau, Plumber Norwell, Plumber Mudgeeraba, Plumber Mount Nathan, Plumber Maudsland, Plumber Luscombe, Plumber Kingsholme, Plumber Guanaba, Plumber Biggera Waters, Plumber Arundel, Plumber Alberton, Plumber Advancetown