When a pool of water collects around the sink, it’s normal to start to feel frustrated and worried. Typically, it can be costly to call out a Gold Coast plumber but the good news is a blocked drain Gold Coast is easy enough to unblock yourself. A normal house owner can usually unblock a blocked drain Gold Coast in less than two hours. This obviously depends on how bad the blocked sink is. The article below will give you a couple of tips to unblock it yourself.
Clean the Strainer or Stopper of Your Blocked Drain Gold Coast
Many blockages collect around the strainer or stopper in the sink or bathtub. To unblock the drain, all you may need to do is remove the strainer and clean it. Here are a few simple tips:
- If there is a strainer over the blocked drain Gold Coast, you should remove any screws holding the strainer in place and then pry the strainer up with the tip of a standard screwdriver. If the strainer is loose, remove and wash away anything that has collected around the strainer and clean around the top of the drain.
- Stoppers should be cleaned on a regular basis since hair tends to twist around their base. Firstly, you should remove the sink stopper. Some stoppers can be removed by turning them with your fingers. Other stoppers require that you unscrew a pivot rod that is connected to the opener. This rod is located under the base of the sink. If you need to use pliers to remove the stopper, make sure to pad them so you don’t chip the chrome finish. Once the stopper has been removed, clean it and wipe out the base of the drain opening.
Using a Plunger on Your Blocked Drain Gold Coast
One of the most trusted and used tools for unclogging drains, the plunger, can usually clear the blockage if it’s not too far into the main drain. Follow these tips to make plunging work for you:
- Block off the overflow holes, other drains in adjacent sinks, or any other openings by stuffing wet rags into the holes.
- If water is not already present in the sink, run two to three inches of water over the drain hole. The water helps to force the obstruction out of the way and lets you know when you succeed in pushing the blockage out.
- Place a thick layer of petroleum jelly to the rim of the plunger. The petroleum jelly helps to create a tighter seal, thereby producing better suction.
- Force the plunger handle downwards powerfully numerous times. After plunging for a minute or two, stop to test whether water will drain from your sink. Try plunging again if the drain is still slow to drain. When the drain is clear, run hot water to flush away any remaining particles from the clog.
Using Chemicals to Clear Your Blocked Drain Gold Coast
If the above does not work then try a domestic drain cleaning liquid or powder purchased from your local supermarket or hardware store. Follow the instructions on the container and be careful when pouring the substance into you Blocked Drain Gold Coast.
If this still does not clear your Blocked Drain Gold Coast then it’s time to call in a profession
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Gold Coast or hot water system Gold Coast, then you need a 24 hour plumber Gold Coast or an emergency plumber Gold Coast to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Gold Coast , hot water system Gold Coast, drain camera Gold Coast, carbon monoxide testing Gold Coast to help you. It’s important that you have a plumber Gold Coast or Gold Coast Plumber you can trust.
We service many areas including: Plumber Robina, Plumber Mermaid Waters, Plumber Broadbeach, Plumber Burleigh Heads, Plumber Varsity Lakes, Plumber Ashmore, Plumber Benowa, Plumber Broadbeach Waters, Plumber Bundall, Plumber Burleigh Waters, Plumber Clear Island Waters, Plumber Currumbin, Plumber Surfers Paradise, Plumber Southport, Plumber Reedy Creek, Plumber Palm Beach, Plumber Nerang, Plumber Miami, Plumber Merrimac, Plumber Mermaid Beach, Plumber Elanora, Plumber Currumbin Waters, Plumber Currumbin Valley, Plumber Coolangatta, Plumber Clagiraba, Plumber Main Beach, Plumber Lower Beechmont, Plumber Hope Island, Plumber Hollywell, Plumber Helensvale, Plumber Gilston, Plumber Gilberton, Plumber Gaven, Plumber Coomera, Plumber Coombabah, Plumber Cedar Creek, Plumber Bonogin, Plumber Bilinga, Plumber Yatala, Plumber Worongary, Plumber Willow Vale, Plumber Upper Coomera, Plumber Tugun, Plumber Tallebudgera, Plumber Tallai, Plumber Runaway Bay, Plumber Austinville, Plumber Pimpama, Plumber Paradise Point, Plumber Pacific Pines, Plumber Oxenford, Plumber Ormeau, Plumber Norwell, Plumber Mudgeeraba, Plumber Mount Nathan, Plumber Maudsland, Plumber Luscombe, Plumber Kingsholme, Plumber Guanaba, Plumber Biggera Waters, Plumber Arundel, Plumber Alberton, Plumber Advancetown